The Academy offers its students a caring and supportive environment in which to learn. The ethos of the Academy is underpinned by a commitment to providing equal opportunities for all and a resolve to foster an atmosphere in which each student as an individual is respected and encouraged.
It is our aim to enable students to develop self confidence and an awareness of their personal strengths whilst promoting a firm grasp of their personal responsibilities.
The staff strive to work hand in hand with parents to help all students reach their potential both academically and, importantly, in terms of personal growth.
Parents and guardians agree to:
- ensure that my/our child attends the academy regularly, on time and dressed and equipped properly;
- inform the academy promptly of the reasons for any absence;
- encourage my/our child to make the most of the educational opportunities offered by the Academy and to give support and encouragement in academy work and homework;
- attend parents’ evenings and work with the Academy to help my/our child’s progress;
- support the Academy’s efforts to maintain proper order and discipline so that the Academy will be a safe and secure place for pupils and staff.
Ormiston Maritime Academy agrees to:
- provide a broad and balanced curriculum which seeks to meet the needs of all its pupils;
- ensure that children are taught well, cared for and treated fairly;
- meet the inclusive needs of all students including extending the able, gifted and talented students and providing appropriate support where additional needs have been identified;
- provide an orderly, secure and happy environment in which children can learn and grow up;
- keep parents informed of children’s progress and offer advice on how parents can help.
- listen and have due regard for parents’ concerns and anxieties and provide opportunities for parents to discuss these;
- keep parents informed about Academy activities and the opportunities to participate in them.
Students agree to:
- treat others with courtesy, consideration and respect.
- attend regularly, on time, and dressed and equipped properly;
- tackle all work set as well as they can;
- treat the Academy and its grounds with respect;
- observe the Academy’s rules/code of conduct.
For the full academy policy, please click below: